Strength, Determination & My Love for Sweet Potatoes

Motivation Today ~  Never Give Up



Why do I post this particular picture….to me it represents achievement, strength & determination to overcome the obstacles of 2008/2009. It was a celebration shoot I did with my fabulous photographer Gene X of Orange photography. I was celebrating many things…turning 45 is one, but I was also in a happier place in my life overall. Struggling physically in 2008 into 2009 was so HUGE for me, and re-creating myself was a journey of pain, physical weakness, loss…BUT to come full circle as I NEVER gave up each day…through my tears…I pushed…I ICED…I pushed…I ICED…this cycle seemed to take forever until finally the physical therapy starting bearing fruit of repair. It was also during this time that I really embraced the positive power of EVERYTHING positive…if that makes sense. I have always been a positive person, but this seemed to magnify it 100x more. Triumphant is a great word! I know that I touched on this subject before but today I felt moved to write more.


Next topic….Nutrition….I am so glad that you want to hear more about that. As I shared before, my nutrition is just as important as the physical exercise I do to keep me in the BEST shape I can be. I enjoy what I prepare because it DOES NOT taste like cardboard, or bland, or like any other eating healthy rumor that is out there. Right now I am on a sweet potato kick and having one everyday with my protein source at a meal…..I think I will turn orange soon…have to laugh at myself. I LOVE to pre-cook in the microwave, cut into wedges, and shake in my bag of spices for SPICY STAY HEALTHY GOODNESS. Check out the picture….this is my meal 3. I also created a new protein ball using chocolate whey instead of the vanilla for the Oatmeal Raisin Vanilla Whey Protein Balls that I shared with you in my prior blog. I will call this one Stay Healthy Chocolate Covered Raisin Protein Ball…and it is really good. As far as meal planning goes….it is a must to have it READY….so out goes the crock pot where I prepare at least 8 chicken breasts to be used for different meals throughout my week. Let me just share that hubby and I took a day trip yesterday, & packed our cooler with prepared egg whites mixed with mustard, tossed in a few slices or sprouted grain bread, protein balls, oranges, and raw walnuts/almonds….and PLENTY of water. I do not know if this seems strange to you to be prepared like this, but it is truly easy once you get the hang of it. The BEST part also, we save LOTS OF $$$$$.....Taking care of my body with Stay Healthy Food & Saving $$$$ is a Win Win in my book…..I think someday that will be in order…a Book that is ;)


My Nutrition for Today:


1 cup coffee
1-Pre workout shake
2-Post workout shake
My Meal 3 - Spicy Sweet Potatoes & Protein Balls
3-Sweet potato & 2 Stay Healthy Chocolate Covered Raisin Protein Balls
4-B/S Chicken Breast topped with salsa & fruit
5-B/S Chicken Breast with Steamed Broccoli & Brussel Sprouts
6-Protein Pudding (I am HOOKED on this before bed…..YUM)


My Workout of the Day:


30 Interval Training on the ARC

I kept moving and repeated 4 times
Leg Extensions – 25lbs @ 25 reps
Low Rows – 30lbs @ 25 reps
Hamstring Curls – 25lbs @ 25 reps
BOSU abs – 25 reps


Stay Healthy!


Darla :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment