My Passions….Cooking, Baking….and Eating;)

Motivation of the Day: Pursue Your Passions…Your Spice in Life


I would have to say one of my biggest passions is creating in the kitchen. I have so much fun creating healthy everything…..give me a recipe challenge to modify and it is ON!!!! Cooking is so therapeutic for me...a wonderful escape into “ME” time. I also enjoy cooking for others and getting feedback on my creations. I have always loved to cook & bake since childhood as I stood beside my Mom and learned the art of how to prepare meals. I need to thank my Mom for the hand down of my love for cooking….I have fond memories of being her helper in the kitchen & I loved the result of all the ingredients we put together. It was like magic. To this day, my passion remains and even more so, as I strive to share my nutrition with you. Nutrition is a big part of my physique looking the way it does. Did you know food contributes as much as 70-80% of maintaining a healthy body? So, not only are healthy cooking, baking & eating fun, & therapeutic for me….but it is also truly my lifestyle. I posted a poll on the Blog asking what you wanted me to write about and the vote so far… Nutrition!!! This makes me very excited, as I love to cook, love to bake, and ABSOLUTELY love to eat….in fact every 2 ½ hours I am putting something healthy in my face to keep my metabolism running at its peak to burn calories efficiently, and maintain stable sugar levels. Feeling satisfied all the time is my goal. My meals are palm size portions of all the wonderful nutrients…lean proteins, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats. I plan to dedicate several Blog posts on the importance of nutrition and how it has worked for me;) Cheers!

My Workout of The Day:

20 minute ARC Interval Training

Body Work: Repeat Each Set 4x
Set 1
Modified Smith French Press from navel 10lbs on bar 25reps
Lunge Knee Tucks 25reps, repeat other leg
Set 2
Modified Triceps Kickbacks 15lbs @ 15-20reps
Low jacks x3 plus jump 15 reps
Set 3
Biceps Curls 15lbs @ 10-15reps
Kick Front Lunge Backs 20 reps, repeat other leg


Oatmeal Raisin Whey Protein Balls....Watch the Video
 Nutrition of the Day
Coffee - 1 cup
1-Pre-workout Protein Shake (lighter side)
2-Post-workout Protien Shake (Power Up)
3-Sweet Potato and Oatmeal Raisin Whey Protein Balls (watch video)
4-Spinach Salad (my posted fav) & Grilled Salmon
5-Whey Protein Pudding for Dessert

 
Stay Healthy!

Darla;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment