My One Cup Mornings…..

Motivation of the Day: Start with a Plan and Make it Happen!!!



I used to be a no-coffee please girl. I actually disliked the taste, the smell and everything about it….especially the whole caffeine addiction issue. I remember tasting my parent’s coffee one day and oh my YUCK…they drank it straight up. It was one morning when I was 30-something that I met a friend at a coffee shop and shared a whole new experience. Maybe it was the social aspect but the coffee took on a whole new fragrance and taste. Of course, my lightweight self sweetened it with a bit of the no-no fake sugar that I no longer use. I remember having to jet home for some cardio or serious clean my house functional fitness due to the jitters. I felt as if I had energy for days…YIKES. Fast forward to today, I enjoy a fabulous cup of coffee in the morning, but I have to confess it is half calf…so still call me a lightweight. I listen to what my body communicates when it comes to caffeine levels and a pick-me-up is just fine with me. I do not care for the crawl the wall heighten the anxiety that caffeine can contribute to my sensitive system. I do confess on the other hand, that I do take advantage of the kick-start to my cardio program after a cup. There is so much controversy when it comes to coffee…is it GOOD for you…or NOT. Well, studies have shown that coffee drinkers are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, dementia, and have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes due to the antioxidants & minerals contained in coffee. The drawback is the caffeine…an addictive stimulant….Caffeine can raise blood pressure, as well as blood levels of the fight-or-flight chemical epinephrine (also called adrenaline), so certain medical conditions should shy clear. I will not be one of those to make a whole pot to get through my day…YUCK. I believe it is that kind of habit that would be unhealthy….I would not like to feel the caffeine withdrawal coming off that kind of intake. Just to let you know that reducing caffeine intake does come with side effects like HEADACHE & breast tenderness….YIKES. After researching all about the benefits of coffee and the drawbacks….I am pretty happy to continue my one-cup morning ritual. One cup of coffee, please……off to do my cardio;)



ARC LOVE!!!
 My Workout of The Day:  


Long Cardio and Core & Stretch















My Nutrition of The Day:
Coffee, one cup please


1-Powered up steel cut oats      
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti....YUM!!!!

2-Fabulous Protein Shake(Mango/orange/yogurt/vanilla whey/ice)
3-Brown rice with albacore tuna
4-Spaghetti Squash with lean turkey pasta sauce…YUM!!!!
5-Protein Pudding






 






MY DINNER LAST NIGHT:


I MADE THIS IN 20 MINUTES!!! EGG WHITES, 1 WHOLE EGG, FRESH SPINACH, CHOPPED GREEN BELL PEPPER, CHOPPED ONION, MINCED GARLIC….SCRAMBLED ALL TOGETHER…TOPPED WITH 1 SLICE LIGHT SWISS (2.5G FAT) & AVOCADO



Egg White Scramble with Veggies...Simple & Stay Healthy Good!

THANKS FOR READING! IF YOU ENJOYED THE CONTENT, LIKE IT, AND LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING A COMMENT.
 
STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment