For The Love of Peanut Butter…YUM!!!!

Motivation of the Day: Change Does Not Happen in One Day…But What a Beautiful Day to Start!



I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER
I absolutely love organic peanut butter and it is a regular nutritional intake for me every day. I take it straight from the tablespoon or mix it with my whey protein to make my protein ball snacks. I am very creative with my fabulous fats…..YES….I have many. I also maintain this body with other good fats like almond butter, walnuts, flax meal, extra-virgin olive oil, and avocados. Tonight I will be having grilled salmon for dinner which is full of Omega 3 fatty acids. Did you know that the good fats help to burn the bad fats….imagine…..fats have received lots of bad press, but what is important to understand is that there is a difference between the fats that are great for your body and fats that contribute to the ruin of your body. Getting back to my love for peanut butter and what I want you to understand. I LOVE peanut butter…did I say that….BUT I eat it in proper proportion. The issue is the importance of eating good fat, which I do, but not to extremes of sitting with a spoon and eating the whole jar…YIKES. Now that would not allow me to maintain the ME I am today, and in fact, I would not like to see any kind of ME that would sit and eat a whole jar in one go on a regular basis. Good fats have so many health benefits to include reducing heart disease, stroke, hypertension symptoms, depression, joint pain, skin ailments, and an immunity boost giving protection from so many illnesses to include Alzheimer’s disease. I believe and call my fabulous fats the MIRACLE nutrients ….I mean just take another glance at the previous sentence. I realize that my love for peanut butter is not included in the Omega fats but just check this out….research has discovered that the monounsaturated fats in peanut butter are extremely good for the heart and health in general. In fact, five major studies confirm that eating peanuts or peanut butter can lower the risk for coronary heart disease by lowering the total cholesterol, specifically the bad “LDL” cholesterol and triglycerides. This is a BIG YAHOO in my peanut butter agenda. If you have not noticed…I love to research on every topic health related so today you not only get to enjoy my personal share about my love affair with peanut butter, but also learn about the benefits. Mom was not far off making my PB & Js on whole wheat growing up and to this day, I enjoy the taste, the texture, and the satisfied feeling that peanut butter gives me. Another personal share about my peanut butter….I mix it in my protein pudding every night and have it before bed….fabulous treat for muscle recovery and I never wake up due to being hungry. For the Love of Peanut Butter…SPOON UP;)





My Workout of the Day:


30 Minutes of Cardio on My Stair Stepper


Bodywork: repeated each set 3x (my intervals are included in the video)


Set 1

Lows Rows Help Keep my Back Strong & Protect My Neck
 Cable Low rows 30lbs @ 20reps                                 
Low jacks 3 jump 1 (15 reps) - Interval


Set 2
Tube Triceps Kick Backs 20 reps @ medium resistance
Modified Burpees 20 reps - Interval


Set 3
Lunge knee tucks @ 20 per side - Interval
1 leg squat thrust ups @ 10 reps per side




My Nutrition of the Day:


Coffee please – one cup



My Healthy Fats
 1-Post Workout shake (fruit/yogurt/nuts/fiber/whey)
2-Powered Up Steel Oats (1/2 scoop of vanilla whey mixed in)
3-Sweet Potato (got to have it) and 1 protein ball
4-Small tuna wrap with avocado/mustard
5-Grilled salmon & fresh green beans
6-Protein pudding




DID YOU LIKE THE POST....LET ME KNOW AND STAY HEALTHY!





0 comments:

Post a Comment