For The LOVE of FIBER and PROTEIN....

Motivation of the Day:  Wherever You Are….Move To Get There
My Personality....Fun!!!
I am a say it like it is person and trainer, in a good way of course. Loving fiber is so important with my daily intake of lean proteins. Going straight to it….if I don’t eat fiber daily & consume only protein…things just are not going to come out the way it should…YIKES. TMI, but really, it is the truth and I do go there with myself, clients & anyone else who wants to talk about the subject. It is just not right not to enjoy the tastes and textures of fiber….so, I partake daily. Did I tell you that I LOVE prune juice…with pulp, not from concentrate...YEP YEP YEP…and I even use some in my protein shakes every day. My body loves me for it….and I love the way eating all the fabulous nutrients makes me feel. My muscles are happy, my colon is happy, and every part of my physique is enjoying being well -fed with the premium stuff placed in my tank. Fiber that I have on hand everyday: oats, fruits, nuts, veggies, beans, & grains. I cook all my food from the raw stage, stay away from processed food stuff & limit my canned items to low sodium beans that I happily rinse through a colander to remove all salt. Lean proteins I have on hand everyday: b/s chicken breast, solid white albacore tuna (I do buy this canned), variety fresh fish, whey protein powder, yogurt, and lots of eggs! I do eat a balance of lean proteins & fiber for each meal and I drink water like a fish. Is there such a word as fiberlicious….it sure sounds good to me;)



My Nutrition for Today:


TIP: I may have the same things during the week as they are pre-prepared and ready to go


1 Cup of Coffee (do not count this as a meal) 
1-Breakfast Protein Shake
2-Post Workout Shake (Power Up)
3-Sweet Potato Fries (A Craze right now) & 2 Stay Healthy Protein Balls
4-Albacore tuna mixed with spicy mustard on 1 slice sprouted organic bread
5-6 egg-white scramble with garlic & fresh baby spinach
6-Protein Pudding


My Workout for Today: still not feeling like quite the powerhouse, a bit tired, so I completed what my body dictated & what I had time to complete in between my client schedule….I FEEL ACCOMPLISHED!


20 Minute ARC Trainer Interval


Repeated each set 4x


Set 1
Modified Burpees 15 reps
Modified Smith French Press 10lbs on bar @ 15-20 reps


Set 2
Lateral Lunge to opposite knee tuck 15 reps each leg
Modified Triceps Kick Backs 12lbs @ 15 reps






Stay Healthy Chocolate Whey Pudding
As Requested, the Protein Pudding Recipe:

Chocolate Whey Peanut Butter Banana Pudding for Dessert!!!! Make in 2 MINUTES! 1/2 very ripe small banana-smash until smooth, add 2 tblsp peanut butter & keep mixing, add the protein powder..keep stirring. Add a splash of light choc soy milk, n/f or l/f milk to pudding consistency. Eat immediately or put in the refrigerator for a cool dessert for that before bed muscle recovery time


I do this option as well:


Option: omit banana, add 1 tbsp s/f f/f chocolate instant pudding mix, reduce peanut butter to 1 tbsp, increase the soy milk to ½ cup, follow the stir directions as listed, and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour before consuming


Stay Healthy!

Darla ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment