Another Cycle….REALLY???

Motivation of the Day: Exercise is a Journey….NOT a destination…Enjoy the Ride!!!!



Fav Shot by GeneX..Today's Motivation
One thing about me is that I am very candid…in a positive way. Talk about personal shares…this one is definitely that, and I am sure many women who are my young almost 47 self can relate to a night like this. First, let me say….another CYCLE…a 2 for 1 deal in one month…REALLY? OK…this is simply NOT RIGHT. Last night was full of restlessness due to dreaded NIGHT SWEATS…OK..there it is…YUCK..a tossing and turning non-adventure of feeling like I have just stepped out of the washing machine…and ready for the high cycle in the dryer. After several dry cycles of getting up to towel off from my hormone shower, I gave up retreating back to bed…what was the point…at this point. This was a two cup of coffee morning as I am writing to you….such a weird scenario to be so tired but unable to sleep. Disturbed sleep is not on my number one list of LIKES. In fact, understanding the value of sleep for my body and recovery, I do not appreciate the uncontrollable “woman” things that go along with being 46…I guess feeling 20-something does not count in this circumstance. In fact, this issue screams Darla you are almost 50 and BAM…take that. Well, I may have to take that, but not without taking care of myself through the process. The number one way I handle this issue is to EXERCISE….it relieves the heightened anxiety that also comes with hormonal changes. Also, if I am going to sweat I might as well do that on my ARC trainer instead of wasting my good sheets…lol….have to laugh at life;) I do use transdermal (applied to the skin) natural hormonal creams that help somewhat with the side effects of hormonal YUCK. Getting back to the importance of exercise….I feel so much better pushing through a good workout when I have nights like this…especially after 2 cups of coffee…ZING. Why do I share this…because for those women reading this….I am just like you…not some super human fitness chick untouched by the normal cycles of female life changes. I am right there with you, and the BEST way I handle it: Exercise regularly, eat my fabulous Stay Healthy foods, drink plenty of water, take time to relax and not be overwhelmed with life…..have a bit of coffee…and WASH MY DAMN SHEETS…Again! Whoop Whoop…have a fabulous Frisky Friday;) To my Friday clients….BRING IT!


My Workout of the Day:
ARC trainer for a long time;) probably 50 minutes   (I NEEDED THIS!!!)


Core work and Stretch...AWE RELAX TIME ;)






My Nutrition of the Day:


Coffee, 2 cups please…ZING!



2 Protein Balls Please - Meal 3
 1-Pre-workout shake (1 piece of fruit, ice, whey)
2-Post –workout shake(Bring on everything)
3-Sweet Potato Fries & Love My Protein Balls (2 please)
4-Tuna mixed with mustard & 1 piece of fruit
5-Egg Scramble with spinach/garlic & Spinach Salad
6-Protein Pudding




MY STAY HEALTHY DINNER LAST NIGHT: BAKED SALMON & SOLE WITH FRESH GREEN BEANS TOSSED WITH EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AND BLACK PEPPER….MADE THIS IN UNDER 20 MINUTES!


Steam Veggies (10min), Bake Fish @ 500 (10 min)...Dinner Time!








IF YOU ENJOYED THE POST, LIKE IT, LEAVE ME A COMMENT & STAY HEALTHY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment