Relaxing but Productive Weekend Shannies

It was a lovely but relaxing weekend. Definitely a lot slower than the fun filled weekends we have had lately. I suppose every once in a while we need to slow down though, right? Especially since Marq is in show prep - only 6 more weeks until we are a normal couple again! This blog entry is pretty much just random tidbit's and lots of pictures about nothing.

Friday, when the work day was done, per usual, I hit the gym for some good cardio and yoga. My body needed that yoga too. Stretching is essential when you work out regularly. After, I got some goodies at Ulta:


I received an awesome free gift from Lancome for my powder purchase!


Friday night Marquis and I saw "Insidious 2". It was really good and SO scary. I am a horror movie junkie, and I definitely recommend you see it if you are into that like I am!

What better way to see a movie than tickets for a free drink and popcorn?! Score!

Saturday morning I was up bright and early. Marquis and I both had different errands to run so we left the house and went our separate ways around 9 AM. I was off to get my awful roots colored and a hair cut then I went to the mall to find new gym shoes. I got a killer deal on two pairs of Nike shoes. I was so excited. They definitely added a "pep to my step" and I was ready to go to the gym to try my pink pair out.

That did the trick. I had a great work out. After the gym I had a few more errands to run then it was finally time to go home. When I got home I cleaned up a bit then decided to take a bubble bath. Marquis arrived home from training around 7PM and was exhausted. Thus we decided to stay in. 

I gave myself a home pedicure



and then we picked up a pizza and "Cloud Atlas" from Redbox. The pizza was delicious but we only lasted 10 minutes into "Cloud Atlas". It was awful.


This morning Marquis and I were woken up by Marty. He decided to turn into crack head mode and had us up at 5:30. He was running around all over the place, meowing, scratching the bed... I don't know what was wrong with him. Around 7:30 we were tired of it, so we decided to go ahead and get the day started. Marq took me to "Dunkin Donuts" for the first time; I have never been! We had coffee and a Pumpkin Spice muffin. After breakfast we went to get groceries, Wal-Mart, and a local produce stand.


I have a slight addiction to squash!
New litter box for Marty. He makes a horrendous mess with the his regular one so we decided to try out this new kind on the market. It uses pellets instead of regular litter. I hope it isn't a waste of money!
Tonight we are grilling steak and squash, and watching "Now You See Me"


How was your weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment