MOTIVATION MOJO

Have you found “Motivation Mojo” when it comes to improving your health?  It is truly up to us to find out what turns our switch on or off when it comes to fitness so that through this journey, we understand what we want and what we do not want.  Let me ask what motivates you in the image below:  left image, center image,right image, neither images, and why?

Stats: female, age 49 (almost 50), 2 vaginal births, 2 major surgeries (colon/double level cervical fusion), diagnosed early onset torticollis, wife, mother, grandmother

I am not going to wow you with a huge before and after weight loss story, or a long list of Ms. Bikini titles, but will share that my journey to health involves one of great physical and emotional adversity, and that taking care of my health, fitness, and being a woman of faith has been a huge factor in the woman you see in the above images. 

Some may not be motivated by visual images and respond more to the written word of motivation such as “YOU CAN DO IT”, “FIND YOUR STRONG”, or “BE YOUR BEST HEALTHY YOU”.  Regardless of what suits your motivational fancy when it comes to getting yourself going, the important thing is to “get yourself going.”   I will not tell you it will be easy, because there are days when it will be straight up hard.  Do not think that I do no struggle with the tough days of keeping it healthy…I do.  I want to relate to you on a very personal level, but at the same time really stress the importance of living the healthiest life that you can because we only have one with no playbacks. 

There has been so much controversy over the image of “health” which is why I opened with an interactive exercise of wanting to know your “mental game” when it comes to visual motivation.  I did not add the famous “what’s your excuse” tag, although I am a “no excuses” trainer and coach.  I do not accept that anyone is too busy to take care of their health, and that includes me.  I am one busy gal and if I have 20 minutes to fit something in, then I do that.  Exercise does not have to be some long, drawn out program lasting over one hour, and in fact studies have shown that the greatest benefit of exercise is achieved within the first 30 minutes and  further, 45 minutes of focused fitness is sufficient to maintain a healthy body.  Well, that sounds fabulous to me, and this year my goal is to keep my exercise sessions limited to 45 minutes and no more than 5 times per week. 



This year, I would like all of you to find your own “Motivation Mojo”.  Get out a piece of paper, and write down your active passions…fun things you like to do.  It is time to get off the couch, dance your pants off inside, hike outside, play games with the kiddos and dogs…what is it that makes YOU happy and will ensure that you keep coming back for more.  No more “exercise is a burden” stuff.  Let’s turn that around and create a plan that gets you on the road to healthy and maintains that journey for a lifetime.  Share your “Mojo” in the comment section and I look forward to reading and responding to all of your shares. 

Thanks for stopping by my Blog, hope you enjoy the content, and if you have not become a follower yet, I would love to see your face on my friend's list.  If you are inspired, LIKE my entry, leave a comment and I look forward to responding!

                                                                            

Darla





0 comments:

Post a Comment