A Low 5 for Liz This Week!

Life - 1. Liz - ZERO.

I have been off of my game big time this week. The only thing I have been successful at this week is Blogging. I wrote about my weekend, being a woman in today's society, had my blog hop, and then my most brilliant piece of literature: "The 3 most effective way to gain more followers"... something like that. I would post the links for you to revert back too, but I don't feel like it. If you want to read them, just scroll down the page.

A lot of my good blog friends know, 2013 was horrid for me health wise. I gained nearly 40 pounds from medical issues, so I have been working hard since November to get my groove back. It has been going great.

The week of 11/25 - 7.8 pounds lost.
The week of 12/2 - 2.8 pounds
The week of 12/9 - 3.5 pounds
The week of 12/16 - 2.5 pounds
The week of 12/23 - 5 pounds
Total down: 21.6 pounds

My last weigh in was last Tuesday, New Years Eve. I went back yesterday and I have gained 2.4 pounds. The doctor did add that my water levels were elevated so that could contribute, but I think he said that to make me feel better. 

You know, it is what is. I can't change the number today on the scale, but when I go back next week for my vitamin injection, I can. I think my problem is the holidays being over. I lost weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I held strong. My mom came into town last week and we went out a lot, then I got sick, and being back at work this week, the first 5-day work week in almost 3 weeks, has just been hard. I am off of my game from travelling, being with family, enjoying time off, and doing fun things. I am not perfect and I never will be, so the only thing I can do it just keep pushing. I am going to make it a good weekend and just revamp myself. Next week, that scale better watch the hell out. 

Moving on. This week I decided to change up my breakfasts a little bit. I usually have 3 egg whites mixed with fat free cottage and feta cheese - cooked via stove top. It is actually delicious or maybe I am just crazy, but I enjoy it. I have been eating it every morning for over a month though. I had to switch it up. I made the most delicious smoothie. 

  • A handful of frozen strawberries/bananas - I use the bag of frozen fruits from Dole
  • 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder. I use 100% Whey, the brand changes, it is usually whatever is cheapest.
  • 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter. I am currently using a peanut butter that has raisins and nuts mixed into it - delicious
  • 1 handful of fresh spinach
  • 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Blue Diamond brand, all others are gross and higher in calories)
  • Blend like hell to perfection. I have this $20 blender from WalMart and that little sucker is a trooper. I just keep it on the liquefy setting for about a minute and I am good to go.
Monday night I watched a video on YouTube because I have been wanting to try some cute up-do's for work. My hair is getting super long and sometimes I don't feel like styling it. Plus I only try to wash it 3 times a week since it is so chemically treated. Thus, I wanted to learn how to do the head braid. It is not way hard, but it is not that easy either. It took me a good 45 minutes, but I think I did OK. It was nice sleeping in 15 extra minutes too. I woke up, sprayed leave in conditioner to eliminate frizz and I was good to go.


When my mom stayed last week, she brought her Kindle Fire for me to have. Excited was an understatement. She bought herself a Galaxy Tab for Christmas so she did not need her Kindle anymore. I finally turned it on and set out to buy my first book. You guys listed some great ideas for me, too. I bought the second book of "The Original Sinners" series. It is similar to "50 Shades of Grey" in the essence that BDSM is involved, but T.O.S is much, much better and realistic. If you're into weird stuff like me, you will love the series. If you are just into erotic novels, it may be a little much for you, because it is so real, but it is a GOOD read.


Since I live in Antarctica, I mean North Carolina, I have really had to bundle up lately. Damn it has been cold. I have a ton of scarfs from my grandmother but I never wear them because they are complicated and annoying. However, this week, I made an exception. It was cold. I like this black shiny one I was given so I decided to drape it over me. It looks a little weird over me maybe, but I liked it!


This wraps up my my Friday 5, so I would like to leave you with this amazing picture of my boo bear. He is so dang cute!


*Be sure to check out my link-up page, there is a lot going on today, you need to join in!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment