The Meat & Nut Breakfast

Before you go - "Ew I am NOT eating just meat and nuts for brekkie" - listen to what I have to say. I stumbled across this theory when I was surfing the net for fitness tips etc. One thing that I've really learnt through my fitness journey thus far is that you must eat breakfast in order to see progress. Eating a big breakfast will kick-start your metabolism, and help with weight loss! Skipping meals is NEVER the option for long-term results. I highly recommend for you all to read Charles Poliquin's article - 'The Meat and Nut Breakfast'. It gives a really interesting insight into why eating a high protein & good fats breakfast is SO good for you! I absolutely love doing the meat & nut brekkie, and will normally do it for one week in a month. You must rotate the breakfast though, as it can get boring eating the same meat & nut combination every morning! Don't fret if you are vegetarian, you can substitute the meat with eggs! I normally had either two kanga bangas (kangaroo sausages) and 10 almonds, two eggs and half an avocado or something like a salmon omelette with a few cashews! Another fantastic thing about this rotating breakfast is that it will not make you bloat! I often find after eating my usual oats for breakfast I look very bloated in my stomach - that's why I love eating this brekkie!



This is a link to Poliquin's article, that I really recommend if you have a spare 5-10 minutes! http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/270/The_Meat_and_Nut_Breakfast.aspx 

E xox. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment