NO EXCUSES


Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot of people making up some form of excuse for not working out or eating healthily. THIS IS NOT OKAY! Besides being on your death bed, there should be nothing from stopping you from eating clean and exercising mean! Below are a few of the most common excuses, and next to them I’ve written the reason why they are simply NOT an excuse at all.

‘Excuses’
  1. I can’t be bothered - I HATE hearing this. I don’t even feel like this is an excuse, more of a ‘I’m giving up’. YES you can be bothered, YES you can do it! 
  2. I’m too sore to exercise - Yes, you may have lifted heavy weights yesterday. Does that mean you couldn’t possibly do some form of cardio for today? I don’t care what it is, but get out there and walk your dog, or your brother, or even your pet pig - JUST MOVE! 
  3. I’m injured - Unless you’ve managed to injure/break every single bone/muscle in your body, I highly doubt you can’t exercise. I had a full knee reconstruction, which then got infected and set me back 6 weeks of recovery. Do you think I just gave up, and thought - oh well, I can’t do this. NO! I moved my ass and slowly started using my knees again, first on the bike, then walking on the treadmill, and now I can sprint! Find an exercise that doesn’t use your injured body parts. Whether it is lifting arm weights, going for a jog or some ab exercises!
  4. ‘Clean’ food tastes gross - NO..... you’re just a bad cook! Food is designed to taste delicious, it is just we are so accustomed to the taste of processed sugar and HCFS that we can’t taste the goodness anymore. Try and go without sugar for a week, or start adding a green smoothie to your daily diet! Believe me, you will begin to see the results! AND PROTEIN :D
  5. I don’t have the time - There are 24 hours in a day, you do have the time! At the moment, some days I work from 9-6.. do you think I just skip my exercise for that day? Of course not! I’ll do a circuit/boxing class at 6am, then a bodypump/weights workout after work! You can always find the time - think with your muscles and not your lazy brain! 

E xox. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment