A good place to start.

I know when I wanted to embark on this new fitness journey, I needed some guidance. Originally I purchased the Ashy Bines Clean Eating Plan, which people often label as a scam. I honestly think it was a great foothold into the basics of 'clean eating', and I love the access I have to the forum. Despite the benefits of the plan however, I found that I wanted to know more and more about certain topics that weren't covered in depth in Ashy's plan. I would still highly recommend it for girls that really do not now where to start! For people that know the basics of healthy eating and good exercise, I wanted to give you a few suggestions for books to read and apps to use!

My Top Apps

1. Nike Training Club - Just WOW. This app has literally changed my life. Nike has gone far beyond the borders of a normal training app, and given us the chance to really change our lives. With over 100 different personalised workouts, point rewards and video demos,  this app is a must have for anyone that loves their iPhone apps! I do one of these workouts at least 3 times a week, and they burn so many calories!






2. Lorna Jane - A fantastic app designed by the sportswear designer Lorna Jane. This app goes by the name ' The Move Nourish Believe Movement'. You literally become part of this great movement, with every minute you track on it contributing to the movement! This app tracks how far you walk, at what pace, where you walk, and how many calories you burn during your run/walk/bike ride. I love been able to look back on my runs and walks, and try to beat my last time!!




 3. Instagram - Everyone knows this app already, but do you use it for fitness in the right way? Sure you can edit and upload your own pictures, but that isn't the only thing! The beauty of Instagram is that you can follow people that are on the same fitness journey as you, and who share the same goals. I follow people that regularly upload pictures that motivate me, inspire me, and make me want to succeed more than anything! My instagram name is ellie_louise12 if you'd like to see more of what I do/eat in my everyday life! What are some of your instagram names, I'd love to see what you all do too!




My Top Reads


1. How I found freedom in an unfree world - Written by Harry Browne, this book is NOT fitness/health related. It is however, a very different look at the way the world works. It was the book that first prompted me to question my life, and if I was happy with the way it is going. This book really helps to open your eyes about shutting the negative people out of your life, and doing what makes you happy. A short book, it will really open your eyes!





2. Sweet Poison - Why Sugar makes us Fat- Written by David Gillespie, this book really opens up your eyes and challenges everything you've even been taught about food! Gone are the days of fat been fatal to us - sugar is the real enemy! Though this book can be a difficult read at times (a few scientific words), I'd highly advise you push through till the end! I don't think I've ever learnt to much from a simple book before, and would recommend it to anyone for a different view on the sugar v. fat debate.





3. Skinny Bitch - Written by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, this is a no-nonsense book for those who are ready to cut the crap out of their diet. It's up front, confronting and can be harsh at times... but believe me, it will want to make you exercise and eat healthily! It is still quite funny to read, while keeping you entertained with lines such as "soda is satan's drink" and so on. I still haven't finished reading this, but so far I'm enjoying it. However, I would recommend that you don't take everything to heart they say. After all, we need to treat ourselves in order to maintain this lifestyle! 




I hope you enjoy my suggestions, and please feel free to comment below and add any of your own!

E xox. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment