Weekend Recap and Weekly Health Plan (3)

Getting back on the bandwagon of the whole work and gym routine after being a beach bum and eating/drinking whatever I want is so freaking hard. I did not even realize how tried I have been. Last Monday I got back from the beach. The rest of the week was a struggle. I just felt tired. Completely fatigued. Out of it. No motivation for life. Then Thursday night I started running a fever and getting a sore throat. Friday I went to the doctor, diagnosed with strep, and was prescribed a strong antibiotic. Saturday, I was weak, but felt back to normal. Hit legs at the gym, ran errands, and felt more like Liz. Sunday I was back to normal. 

Sunday, I was a mad woman. Literally, I think I pulled a muscle in my chest from being the energizer bunny. I woke up around 10, made breakfast, and started doing things around the house, then went to the gym at noon for spin class. I kicked ass there then did a full upper body weight circuit. Once the gym was over I ran a couple of errands then came back home and cleaned for 3 hours then prepped all of my food for the week.  When I talk about cleaning, I mean C L E A N I N G. Washed sheets, scrubbed bathroom, Cloroxed counter tops, dusted, 2 additional loads of laundry, dishes, swept, mopped, and vacuumed. I am getting exhausted just by listing everything. It was worth it because I wore myself out (I am so naturally high strung that I get on my own nerves sometimes) and I took a bubble bath and vegged out by the TV for my Sunday night shows. True Blood - Long Island Medium - Kardashian's - Snapped: love my shows.

So much food prep. But it is SO worth it. You save so much time and most importantly; MONEY. I can't live without it. Designate an hour or two once a week and get it over with!


These pictures really have no meaning, but I cerish when my place is nice and clean!!!
Saturday Selfie: feeling like me again!
Yesterday I had an interview for a Human Resources Management position at a food group company. They own a lot of restaurants here in Charlotte. I met with three different people after having a phone interview last week. I am really praying hard to get this position. It would be the most wonderful opportunity to get my foot in the door with a  HR role. I just had the best vibe and connection with everyone. I met with the owner and he flat out told me, "You're a great interview, and it's apples to apples with you and the other candidates, but you're a smaller apple with your experience. You are still going to be considered, but I just wanted to let you know. That's my only issue with you". I appreciated him saying that, but it kind of broke my heart. I loved everyone I met with. And I completely felt like I would fit in and belong there. So I don't know what is going to happen. It sucks being young and looking for jobs sometimes. It works for you in some situations, but against you in a lot of them as well. We all need that one person who sees something great in us and is willing to take a chance. I hope they see that in me. There is nothing I can do now but pray. I sent a follow-up email this morning thanking them for their time yesterday, so that is all I can do.

I'm pretty excited about my dinner's this week that I have prepped. I tried a new concoction and it is delicious. I am trying to eat as many veggies as possible.
Dinner: Fresh kale and mushrooms with diced grilled chicken and veggie noodles, sauteed in low sodium teriyaki sauce and topped with a few unsalted peanuts.
Nutrition:
  • Meal 1: 3 egg whites with spinach and 2 slices of double fiber wheat toast 
  • Meal 2: Protein/Veggie Smoothie
  • Meal 3: Skinny Veggie Stir Fry (fresh vegetables, chicken, tiny bit of whole wheat noodles and unsalted peanuts)
  • Meal 4: Oatmeal
  • Meal: 5 Chicken stir fry (pictured above)
  • Meal 6 (optional): Special K bar

Training:
  • Sunday: 45 minute spin class and full upper body weight circuit (done)
  • Monday: 20 minutes lateral cardio and 45 minute spin class (done)
  • Tuesday: 10 minutes cardio on Stairmill, full upper body weight circuit, 10 minutes cardio on lateral machine
  • Wednesday: 20 minutes lateral cardio and 45 minute spin class
  • Thursday: 10 minutes cardio on Stairmill, full upper body weight circuit, and 10 minutes cardio on lateral machine
  • Friday: 15 minutes on lateral machine, leg work out, and 10 minutes cardio on Ellptical
  • Saturday: OFF

0 comments:

Post a Comment