Bubbly, Pizza, Lateral Cardio, Spin, & The Weekend!

Y'all I am so proud.



 Last night was my "cardio blast" work out of the week. I usually do this once a week for various reasons. It is typically 70-90 minutes of pretty intense cardiovascular training. I like to sweat out toxins and water. Some people use the sauna or other ways - me, I hit the cardio. It helps my endurance tremendously (in lots of areas, hehe), and strengthens my heart! Last night was a cardio milestone for me. I started off with 25 minutes of lateral cardio then did my third spin class of the week! (Kickboxing was canceled, sigh). I ended up doing 15 miles in spin after my lateral cardio. That is the most miles I have ever done in one class after lateral training. I ended up burning 1,100 calories. Ow!

But now, I'm tired... and sore.
It's been a long week.

Tonight I am taking a well deserved break from life; spending time with my man, drinking some bubbly, making a homemade pizza, and watch the Paranormal Witness season premiere that I was so excited about last night, but fell asleep before it came on (typical). I made the most delicious pizza, too. Not to brag! I do not really care for frozen pizza, I always make mine. A local grocery store makes this whole wheat dough for pizza and it is absolutely amazing. I am not 100% sure it isn't laced with crack. I bought that, added sauce, low fat mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni, and baked to perfection. D-LISH! 


The other day in my blog post, I mentioned the amazing "lateral cardio" and a lot of people are puzzled by it and want to know what it is. I don't blame you, I recently learned what it is and now I'm madly in love.
 
Lateral cardio is movement is when your body works side to side. The machine picture above is not exactly what I use, but very similar. Think about this; when we walk, it's forward. When we use the elliptical, it's forward. When we bike, it's forward. When we use the StairMill, it's forward. 90% of the time, all of our cardio motions and exercises are in forward motions. What I love about lateral cardio is the side to side motions. You immediately feel it once you engage in the activity. Your body thinks "WOW this is new!". It is really, really helping my quads and hamstrings (thigh area). They are feeling rock hard. Also, this machine really works your core (stomach) area as well. 

To get more of a work out in my stomach, I do not hold on to the handles you see pictured on above on the machine. I move side to side fast and really work my core to keep my balance. I am depending upon a tight core to keep me from falling off of the machine. It is an awesome challenge. A lot of gyms do not have this type of cardio machine yet, but check around your local facilities. And mention it to management if they do not have it. It really is a great cardio work out.

Link It Up:
I've got: Bubbly, Pizza, Lateral Cardio, Spin, and the weekend on my mind! What's your 5?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment