The Value of Time


Our New Puppy ~ Roxie

Hubby and I were reading our daily devotional about the meaning of time and really how that equates to love.  What really shouted loud for me was this fabulous share:

“Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.  It is not enough to just say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless. "My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action." Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is "T-I-M-E.”



It is this kind of paragraph that stops me in my tracks and makes me appreciate the value of time even more.  I zero in on “you can make more money, but you can’t make more time”, and “Your time is your life”… aren’t these such  AH-HA statements to think about.  The reason I share such a personal blog today is that I want you to know, and I am sure you have heard this many times…it is not about having the best of everything, but making the BEST of everything you have.  I would have to say that this really attributes huge to my living a healthy lifestyle, and realizing that I am enough, my funds are enough, my car and home are enough, time I spend in the gym is enough, and all the things that I am blessed with are ENOUGH.  Knowing this allows me to relax, spend quality time with hubby, family and friend relationships, and to really let go of so much stress that can be created by the “Not Good Enough” mentality.   

It is also being comfortable in this/my skin, and not having to compare myself to others.  I am the type of person that can celebrate the success of my family and friends and not be down in the dumps if I am not at their financial status.  What kind of friend would I be if I secretly felt bitterness, jealousy, and other ugly negative mind games that spell out hypocrite and surely does not fit a healthy mind or life…I could not define myself as a friend that is for sure.

Time is so valuable that no amount of money or price tag can be placed on it, and that tells me just how important it is NOT TO WASTE IT.  It also tells me that I should be living the BEST life with my time, being the best I can be to myself and other important people in my life.  Quality time and all the good and meaningful things I do in that quality time is healthy.  Loving Darla daily through exercise and healthy foods is time well spent.  Let me go further and share that my job as a personal trainer/consultant/coach is so enjoyable because it is giving the gift of my time, never to get back, but given with genuine care and complete attention to each of my clients, and I feel really great about that.  Helping people with my time is healthy for them and healthy for me.  It is such a great team relationship that can truly be defined as quality time. 

I think the most important part about time is not wasting it…it is such a gift and privilege to be given each day to celebrate all that TODAY is and will be.  I think it would be a slap in God’s face to not appreciate the time given to me…I mean how can I waste such a gift as this.  If you gave me a present, I would not throw it on the ground and not appreciate it.  I look at life and time like that. How I spend my time makes for a healthy me, and realizing what that means, and how it makes me feels is pretty darn satisfying for this Stay Healthy Gal.

In Your Face MOTIVATIONS


Thanks for stopping by my Blog, hope you enjoy the content, and if you have not become a follower yet, I would love to see your face on my friend's list.  If you are inspired, LIKE my entry, leave a comment and I look forward to responding! 

Stay Healthy~ Darla


Receive My Stay Healthy Nutrition Guide as a Free Gift and Thank you when you donate to Stay Healthy Fitness...

0 comments:

Post a Comment