Friendship, Fifties, Fitness and Feeling FABULOUS



Me and Fabulous Wendy!

As I near fifty, I celebrate the woman that I have become, and the friendships that I have cultivated through my journey of life.  Finding a true friend is a rare gift, and I dedicate this Blog to one of my dearest friends who celebrated her 58 year young birthday this month.  I will be calling this the fun, fit, fifty and fabulous write up, and why not feel fabulous…right?  Being a healthy person is not about a number, but how we treat ourselves every day, what we feed our bodies, how we move our bodies, and how we enjoy quality time with our self and others.  Birthdays are gifts that remind us of what a pleasure and privilege it is to wake up each day, have another day, and the opportunity to make it a GREAT one! 

In walks my friend Wendy…now she and I have had some really fun times together, some serious talk times, cry times, and kick butt fitness times. We share a sister bond of trust and vulnerability that allows us to be ourselves with each other…that is what I mean about a true friend.  And laugh…we both have that in common and we are far from frumpy… are you kidding me…fifty something does not mean that for us, exact opposite…we feel youthful, trendy, sexy, and enjoy being confident, fit women.  Here is what Wendy has to say about being 58 and fabulous:



Wendy, 58 and Fab
Being Fabulous at 58

What??!!??!! I’m 58?????? Almost hard to believe since I do not feel 58…or 48…or even 38 for that matter…I feel like I did when I was in my twenties…young, vibrant, healthy, fit, happy and full of life. Age is an attitude, not a number.  It is great genes (thanks mom and dad) combined with living life with a fresh attitude every day. To have a full heart that shines with love, faith, friendships, motherhood, fun, laughter (sometimes tears) and with a deep sense of power over my own happiness. Feeling tremendous at 58 is an understanding that I need to set good boundaries, to know when to be sweet and when to be strong. I strive to take life’s serious issues and deal with them boldly and with a productive spirit.  Working out, eating healthy, getting plenty of rest combined with a positive outlook is the key to feeling my very optimum.  And, laughing… till my belly aches, keeps the child in me alive!!!  I adore my husband of almost 30 years, my beautiful daughters and my wonderfully magnificent friends who breathe new life into me every day.  Finally, being fantastic at 50+ is having a strong love of the Lord who gives me courage, strength and confidence.

My Fabulous Friend
So, if someone comes up to me and asks me, “How old are you?” I think I’ll answer…do you want to know how old I am or how old do I feel? Because you see, the answer will be quite different…

  ”Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” John Lennon

Blessings,

Wendy Wise





Thanks Wendy for being such a fabulous friend, and I celebrate you and your beautiful example of living a healthy life through body, mind and spirit…YOU ROCK!!!

My Ellie Outfit

FIT GEAR REVIEW
20 percent of Ellie


    I am so excited to share a new online Fitness Clothing Store. Ellie designs contacted me awhile back
to try out their new fitness clothes line, and I being such a fitness fashionista and not about frump, was happy to oblige and give my 5 cents worth on their product.

 First, let me say…WORTH THE WAIT! I wanted to sample, workout in, and wash the clothing prior to giving my feedback on the product. Also, I am a firm believer of not promoting things that I would not wear myself.  To be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first due to the length of time receiving the product as the company was working through the “kinks” that all new businesses do, but with that understanding, my patience was rewarded with a fabulous outfit.  Also, what comes to the forefront of importance to me is customer service, and all my questions/concerns were promptly answered, and I would give Elliea high rating in customer service.  I am a stickler for quality fitness attire being that my job revolves around fitness and also, it is my every day ware in the studio…so I am looking for great quality and functional wear that can take me through my day, and often into the evening.  I can honestly say, that I look forward to wearing more Ellie!

Heart breaker capris
Let me move on to the product. I ordered from the February collection: the After Dark Fitness Top and Heartbreaker Capri Bottoms.  True to size and the fit was just as described and appeared on the Ellie site.  The quality of the material was superior and provided the support I needed and I felt comfortable not having to wear a bra under the fitness top. In fact, I would even wear the top with a pair of jeans/shorts for out and about.  Excellent coverage and feel, not cutting in and feeling like I had to adjust the top or bottom from riding in places that are well…uncomfortable, and you know what I mean.  The moisture wicked away from my body and did not leave me feeling like I was setting in water soaked clothes and believe me… I sweat like no other during a hard workout.  The outfit stood up well to wash, no shrinkage, and I always drip dry all my fitness clothes, so did not put my product in the dryer.  The color remained vibrant and the quality of the stitching, and straps maintained their 
integrity. 

Feb Collection: After Dark Fitness Top




















Love the Straps!






















 









 My Shopping Selections
After Dark Fitness Top - Left
Heart Breaker Capri's - Right







I received no payment for providing this product review, other than the outfit to provide feedback.  I am happy to promote Ellie Designs after having the opportunity to sample the clothes line and have made the decision to become an Ellie Ambassador based on the quality product. What this means is that I can provide YOU with discounts for fabulous fitness outfits, and in turn I do receive a small commission for each person that signs up using my link.  If you have not given Elliea try, it is such a great deal for quality fitness clothes at a discount price.  I say it is about time for this concept to hit the fitness clothes scene, as I for one am on a budget, and it is nice to be able to buy quality clothes, look and feel good when I workout, and not feel guilty with my purchase.

Wishing everyone a very HAPPY EASTER from My Family to Yours!!!!

Happy Spring and Stay Healthy
Thanks for stopping by my Blog, hope you enjoy the content, and if you have not become a follower yet, I would love to see your face on my friend's list.  If you are inspired, LIKE my entry, leave a comment and I look forward to responding! 
Stay Healthy~ Darla
Receive My Stay Healthy Nutrition Guide as a Free Gift and Thank you when you donate to Stay Healthy Fitness...
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment