How to stay motivated when all hope seems lost.

Hey FitFam!

So you've probably noticed that I haven't written a blog for a while, and for that - I apologise! I have moved into university this week, and have been doing intense training for my job over this week, which will also continue next week! I hate to say it, but I almost lost my entire motivation this week! For someone who was going to the gym at least once (but normally twice) a day and eating 100% clean, to going to no access to a gym or particularly healthy food - you could say I've really struggled. I've caved in to so many temptations this week that I never would have eaten in the past four months - e.g pizza, chocolate and chips. But you know what? I'm not going to let this get me down. We all struggle during our lives, and I will not let this one crappy week let me down. You know how you get over this period of feeling unmotivated, lazy or too busy? You look to your role models. I wanted to tell you about m biggest role model, and how he keep me constantly motivated.



My Biggest Role Model - My Dad.
I know for a lot of you, your biggest role models may be Jennifer Hawkins or Miranda Kerr. I don't disagree that they are amazing people, and work bloody hard for their amazing bodies - it's just that I don't talk to them on a daily basis. Conversely, I talk to my dad every single day. He honestly is the most amazing person that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He works hard and tries his best in whatever he is doing - whether that be studying, working or going to the gym. Never have I met such a supportive person - he has always supported me in whatever I have chosen to do. When I first started this weight loss journey, I had friends telling me to give up, that it was stupid and that I would pile it all back on. Not dad... he supported me from day one. He joined the gym with me, and we cooked together. Together, we have lost over 16kg and will continue to inspire and motivate each other every day. This week has been tough for me, feeling crappy and unfit all week. Today was a particularly bad day for me, and I rang dad in need of some serious motivation and inspiration. He told me to reflect on how far I'd come, and the achievements I had made so far. I was complaining that I had no access to a gym, and he made some suggestions. SO after our conversation, off I went to Big W. I bought Michelle Bridge's weights set - consisting of 2 x 1kg, 2kg and 3kg dumbbells and a display stand. I got back to my uni room, put on my gym clothes and did the first level of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. AND MAN IT FELT GOOD! We often forget the amazing endorphins that exercise releases, and the satisfaction that you feel after a great workout.

You guys need to find someone who can inspire and motivate you. Someone you can look up to, and feel like they will never judge you, but always push you. I feel so lucky to have someone in my life like my dad, and I urge you to find your role model. Let them guide you and motivate you!

E xox. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment