How to get rid of your 'pooch'

I had a friend at uni today ask me a question today, that I think nearly everyone can relate to. 'How can I get rid of my pooch? That last little bit of fat at the bottom of my stomach?'. This small layer of fat truly seems to be most people's worst enemy - seeming near impossible to get rid of. They say you cannot target fat, and that is true. You CAN however, build certain muscles in that area that will show once you lose the fat! Though we cannot forget, CARDIO.  No matter how many ab exercises you do, you will never see that lovely six pack unless you do your cardio! I would 100% recommend HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training. If you were doing HIIT on a treadmill, you might run at lvl 12.5 for a minute, then speed walk at lvl 6.5 for 1 min 30 seconds and so on, until you reach 20-30 minutes. This has been proven time and time again to be the most effective form of cardio for weightless - SO DO IT!



For any of you who don't know, this is what I mean when talking about 'pooch fat'. 


My Favourite Lower Ab Exercises
'V' Crunches - Lie flat on the floor, raising your arms and legs slightly off the ground. For each rep, reach up and try to touch your toes while bracing your abs. 






Reverse Crunches - Lie flat on the floor, with your arms beside your lower back and bottom. Raise your legs/bottom off the ground, while keeping your tailbone on the ground. You should feel a burning sensation in the bottom half of your stomach (this is how you know it is working!) 

Bicycle Crunches - The photo is pretty self explanatory! Place your elbows behind your head and raise your legs to a 90 degree angle. Bring your right leg (while bent) toward your body, while lifting your left elbow and shoulder to meet your leg halfway. Continue to alternate legs - this should start to burn really early in the set! 



I'm sorry if this post is crappy and rushed, I'm just really tired and run down at the moment! As usual, please feel free to leave comments/questions/queries and I will try my best to get back to you ASAP!

E xox. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment