It's my style: ugh, I know I don't "need" makeup.

I hear that a lot. And it drives me crazy. I have been doing makeup on people since I was 15 years old. From 15-18 I sold Mary Kay alongside my mother. At 18 I became an artist for Sephora. Then at 22 I worked for Clinique. I love makeup. I love empowering women. It's amazing how a woman's confidence can change dramatically when she finds that perfect lip shade.

Makeup and accessories are my fashion. I don't always put on makeup to "accentuate" my features. I know I don't have to have it. I don't feel ugly without it. I like to match my makeup to my outfit, the occasion, my mood, my personality - rarely do I use makeup so I feel "prettier". I think of my face as a white sheet of paper. Tan rather, yay Summer. Much to how an artist views a blank canvas. Some people think women who wear a lot of makeup are insecure, but that is not always the case. A lot of times I will roll out of bed to run errands without a drop on, I never wear it in the gym, but cosmetics are simply my art.

A lot of you guys post your fashion outfits. I love reading them. I am intrigued by everyone's unique styles. Me, I'm a little different. My fashion style is pretty simple. I love v-neck tops and tight fitting jeans with a cute pair of heels. That's about it. 99% of my tops come from Venus.com, Affliction, or TapOut.

My fashion isn't clothes. I keep my clothes simple -- my fashion comes from my hair, my make-up, and my accessories. I love big hair and styling my hair different ways, I love matching fun makeup looks to my clothes, and I LOVE big jewelry. Oh and of course purses. That is the fashion statement - not with clothes, but with goes with it.

Before you start looking at the pictures, let back dat azz up with Whit

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard on Grooveshark
Here are some of my different styles. Sorry for all of the pictures of me. I do not have my client portfolio nor authorization to use anyone elses pictures. 

H54F and 5 on Fri with these lovely ladies is here! I'm blogging like a motha' this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment