A Weekend With the Blues.

Wouldn't it be amazing if every day of your life could be rainbows and butterflies? I think so, but unfortunately I live in the real world and that doesn't happen. Last Tuesday was my birthday so I took Monday and Tuesday off of work last week to celebrate. I had the best time, so coming back to work Wednesday was hard. It's the busiest time of the year at my job so playing catch up from being out was miserable. To top everything off, I had the worst cramps of my life. Good times, huh? By Friday afternoon when it was ready for the weekend to start, I was a wreck. I was drained, tired, emotionally all over the place, and my stomach was killing me. I took the evening off from the gym and went home. Marquis and I took the pups to the dog park then we came back and spent the evening on the couch, just the way I wanted it. I made chicken and we watched our new favorite show "The Bridge".  Marquis knew how bad I was feeling so he played with my hair all evening while I laid my head in his lap (my favorite) I slept like a baby. Oh - we bought a new couch set for the living room. It defines amazing! I never want to go to bed anymore.

I'm crazy about the new sectional!
 Saturday I was up at 7:30, much to my dismay. But I had daughterly duties to adhere to. I packed my suitcase and drove 2.5 hours to hometown of Eden, NC.
"Don't leave, mom!"
It is a tiny, tiny town with nothing to do. I have to admit, I hate it. My step mom had a knee replacement and was coming home so I drove up for the night to take care of her and my dad since my aunt could not make it until Sunday. My dad has incurable cancer in his left leg. It's in his bone so he is very weak and can't take care of my step mom while she is recovering. He can barely walk, but he sure tries. You guys, it was an exhausting day. I have no problem helping my parents, they are wonderful, but care taking is absolutely draining. I ran around the house and up and down stairs the entire day, and ran alot of errands. Finally around 9 I took a shower and settled on the couch with my book and a bowl of ice cream, oh - and my cramps of course. No guilt here, I deserved my darn ice cream.
Saturday night.
Yesterday I was up bright and early again. I slept bad on Saturday night. I have been off of my normal routine and I was ready to get back to it. If you are a good blog friend of mine, you know Sunday's are ALWAYS spin class, weights, grocery shopping, food prep, cleaning, and my Sunday night shows. It's repetitive and boring to some, but I love it and look forward to it. I knew I wouldn't make it to the gym, but I got all of my grocery shopping, food prep, and cleaning done! Marquis and I spent the afternoon together just relaxing after. Which we never do. It was much needed. Oh, we also bought front row tickets to the "America's Got Talent" tour in October. It's in Raleigh and I can't wait to go to the show and make a night of it!

Well, it's Monday and I feel ready to take on the week. Tackle work and the stress it's bringing, murder my work outs, stick to my clean eats, and make every day a success! There are some fun link up's going on today, be sure to check out my "Join the Party" page.

Food prep = done!
Sunday dinner: Zucchini and reduced fat feta burgers with a side of cherry almond spinach salad! Delicious.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! Just be a follower and you're in, plus there are a lot of other ways to enter too. It's a $40 giftcard to Ulta Beauty! Enter here!

*  *  *  *  *  *

This week's fitness and nutrition plan:

Meal 1: 3 egg whites with spinach and turkey bacon with a side of 2 slices of double-fiber whole wheat toast
Meal 3: Chicken and mixed vegetable stir-fry
Meal 4: 1/2 cup of oats with one tablespoon of sugar/fat free butterscotch pudding mix
Meal 5: Whole wheat cereal crusted chicken and mixed vegetables
Meal 6: Sugar free cherry Jello with a tablespoon of fat free whipped creme

*   *   *   *   *

Monday: 20 minutes lateral cardio and 45 minute spin class 
Tuesday: 10 minutes of lateral cardio, full upper body weight circuit, 10 minutes on Elliptical
Wednesday: 20 minutes of lateral cardio and 45 minute spin class
Thursday: 15 minutes of lateral cardio, full upper body weight circuit, 10 minutes on Elliptical
Friday: 20 minutes of lateral cardio, full leg work out, 10 minutes on Elliptical
Saturday: OFF!
Sunday: 45 minute spin class/full upper-body weight circuit

0 comments:

Post a Comment