Week 3 Insanity & Other Randomness



Another week of Insanity is over! This week flew by in a flash! It was much of the same as last week, which was fine with me! I did better with some of the moves and I made it through without stopping much anymore. The biggest change this week is on the scale! I'm no longer moving up in numbers, I'm going back down! YIPPEE!!! I'm also losing more inches around my waist. I'll keep that number to myself until the next week when I have another fit test, but let's just say that HarperGirl is extremely happy!

.....I do feel like I'm cheating on Bob Harper though. GAH I miss him something fierce and can't wait until I finish Insanity so I can have him back!.....

There are other things going on other than Insanity though. I'm trying new food combinations, and had a really, really good salad last night!


It's under 400 calories, and yes, I measured! Its lettuce, grilled chicken, pineapple, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and croutons (don't hate...love my croutons!). The combo of the chicken and pineapple was delish! Salads don't have to be boring, explore! I use a lot of fruit in my salads! Okay, I know some of you are singing "fruit salad....yummy yummy" and I apologize! My preschooler grew up on The Wiggles! In all seriousness though, fruit makes salads much more colorful, and more delish! I'll eat a salad with fruit any day over one with just veggies and dressing. Another thing, I don't like salad dressing. Call me a freak, but I just don't like it. The fruit juices seem to give it a dressing though all on their own, and that really helps it not taste bland. You can cut out excess dressing with fruit :) Try it!!

Summer is upon us, and my 5 year old just graduated preschool.

Here he is with his Daddy, holding up his preschool diploma! He's gotten so big!!


With summer here, and my kids both at home all day, I've been looking at getting them outside more and away from the TV/Nintendo. Seems like an easy task with a playground literally outside my front door, but it rains a lot here in Japan during the summer. My kids have been inside much more than outside already, and it's only been a week! As a teacher, I've had to deal with rainy-day-wiggles quite often, so I've had to use my brain a bit to come up with cool activities for my kids to do inside that will keep them both entertained. I'll make a post about this later, but this is dear to my heart. You see, I'm trying to promote staying healthy with my kids. I want them to not be addicted to TV and video games, but to running and jumping and playing outside. I want to make sure that they have a great start in life to a healthy lifestyle. I figure that teaching it early on is best. So, during certain times of the day, we shut the TV off, and crank the music up instead! I'll be making a post soon about all the things we do inside that are TV-free and that get the kids moving and grooving this summer.

My BodyMedia arm band is working out extremely well, and it's really held me accountable for my food choices. I record everything, and I keep track of my activity. I love having a visual on my calorie burn throughout the day. I know what I burn when I workout now, and that is really motivating!

More to come soon!
HarperGirl

0 comments:

Post a Comment