Recovery Day….

DO YOU LIKE MY BLOG…OFFER ME A SHAKE TODAY;)

REST MAKES MY MUSCLES!!!
YES….I am a RECOVERY girl….I believe in the healing powers of rest, sleep and the fabulous benefits this has on my body.  In fact, I know that my lean gains are made during this very important time and I will not deny myself…so another way I maintain my 47 year young physique is to get plenty of rest and when my body is screaming for a recovery day…I LISTEN.  What does that mean…sitting on the couch watching & wasting precious hours in front of the TV eating crap…hell to the NO.  What it does mean is I do not plan a workout for me and if I do…it is active recovery….possibly a walk or even a stretch program in the studio in between clients.  It is also a fabulous time for me to catch up on paperwork, writing programs and the to-dos that are always there.  It also means that I stay true to my 5/6 small meals per day and using my palm size portion philosophy.  I will not be burning as many calories today, so my portions will remain a bit smaller, but very frequent…full of lean protein, fibers, antioxidants, and fabulous healthy fats.  This is very important for me as well being a woman at 47…meaning the healthy fats, especially flaxseeds, which studies have proven assist with hormone balance.  Ladies you know what I am talking about…pre-menopausal symptoms can be a bear…that will be a whole other subject though.  Back to recovery…exercise brings about tissue trauma in need of repair…do not let this alarm you.  It is a good thing and the way my body builds lean mass…when I feel DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) that simply means that the muscles have been challenged & micro-tears of the soft tissue are bearing fruit.  Recovery allows for building & repair of the stressed areas and PRESTO…MUSCLE!!!!  Of course there is a difference in…YIKES…I tore my muscle and …WOW...I worked out and feeling the fitness love today.  Usual post workout soreness should last no longer than 24-48 hours.  Sometimes it is the second day after my workout that I feel the DOMS the most and then I count from there how long the recovery lasts.  I try to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night…very important for healthy recovery and in general.  Sometimes taking a rest or recovery day is hard because I LOVE to workout everyday…however…I know that it is counterproductive to over-train.  Not allowing my body to rest will set me up for chronic injury, disturbed sleep, burnout, decreased immunity, and so many things that do not say Stay Healthy.  Fitness is all about balance and being obsessive about my exercise to the point where my life & health are negatively affected is NOT a good thing.  So today I rest and allow my body to grow beautiful muscle and to regenerate so that my next workout I feel ready to challenge myself…it is like going on a mini-vacation for the day and coming back home to my comfort zone…my studio and me!  Oh another personal share…..I DO NOT WATCH TV….well, rarely…I am not kidding…and DEFINITELY NO TV IN THE BEDROOM…Big NO NO...I will let you think about that;)

My Workout of the Day: RECOVERY Active Rest

MY MEAL 3...SO SIMPLE STAY HEALTHY GOOD!
My Nutrition of the Day:
Coffee, one cup
1-Early Morning shake (small)
2-Mid Morning Shake (more like a meal)
3-Egg Whites on Sprouted Bread
4-Protein Balls & Sweet Potato
5-Spinach Apple Cran Salad w/Walnuts & Grilled Fish
6-Protein Pudding (maybe..depends on time of meal 5)


Motivation of the Day:  Not Having the Time to Take Care of YOU IS NOT AN OPTION



IF YOU LIKED MY BLOG, LIKE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT, AND IF YOU ARE INSPIRED…OFFER ME A PROTEIN SHAKE!

Stay Healthy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment