An update!

Hello all!

I am SO sorry it has been so long since I have written, but a lot has happened in the past few weeks that has turned my life upside down. Two weeks ago, I was about to play my first game of soccer in two years. I had, on my left knee last year, a full ACL reconstruction and medial meniscus repair. It was very painful, and deterred me from playing my favourite sport in the world - soccer. After the surgery, I put a lot of weight on and was unhappy.

This is where YOU all came in. I started my fitness journey in October last year, and have never looked back. I lost 10kg and was feeling happier and fitter than ever. I joined the university soccer team and started training twice a week with them, along with Crossfit and gym work regularly.

My life was probably the best it's been, and I was happier than ever. ANYWAY, the first soccer game of the season came - and boy was I excited! We were playing a fantastic game, and were winning. I was playing center-mid and absolutely loving it. In the first half, I had a bit of a scare with my left leg and funny noises... but it felt fine so I decided I'd go back on the field in the second half.

Within five minutes of going back on, I mis-kicked the ball and heard a giant 'POP' coming from my right knee. As soon as I tried to take a step on it, I collapsed with pain. I was carried off the field and an ambulance was called. I'm sure you can guess the rest...

SO here I am now. On Monday, I had to have a full ACL knee reconstruction and medial meniscus repair on my RIGHT (my good!) knee. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am right now. After spending nearly 12 months in rehab, gym work and physio for my left knee, the same thing has happened to my right.

It's Thursday today, and i'm in a lot of pain. I feel like I'm truly back at square one. But you know what? This won't stop me. I've been here before, and I know what the road ahead looks like. It's long, it's hard and it ain't easy... but I know I can conquer it.

I am going to come away from this knee surgery stronger and fitter than I have ever been before in my entire life. I am so thankful to have you (my amazing fitfam) here to support me through my recovery and rehab. I know I can do this... I just wanted to keep you all updated!

E xox. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment