It Is Not Always Easy

IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG…OFFER ME A PROTEIN SHAKE!

Great Place to Meditate...On the Water
It is true…life is not always easy for me…are you kidding.  I am just like many of you…a woman, wife, mother, daughter, a friend…who just happens to walk the talk of fitness with my occupation as a personal trainer and writer.  I have up and down days mentally and emotionally…and YES…I do experience burn out with my workouts.  One of my favorite life quotes is this “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it”.  I came across this quote from a school project that my son made in junior high and it has really stuck with me…my son is now 23.  You see, I have realized through my journey of becoming a healthy person that the only thing that can be controlled, is how I think, feel, and respond to life’s circumstances and I have learned to let go of the rest.  Being healthy has not only been a journey of the physical but also the emotional for me…as I am sure with most of you.  However…this Blog is about me to motivate you…and this is indeed a personal share.  I do not believe in perfection but I do believe in being the BEST ME everyday…what does that mean.  One of my fabulous new clients just shared this quote…”You Do Not Have to Get an “A” Everyday”…WOW…now that is a revelation for someone like me who can be an overachiever.  This is a step back statement that says…when I have a down day…it is OK…I am not perfect, never will be.  If I were perfect, I would not be existing on this planet now would I?    What the heck does this have to do with maintaining my physique, fitness and nutrition…absolutely everything.  Attitude is huge in life and really dictates how I am going to proceed with my day.  I can choose to be a bitter, angry person, full of non-forgiveness and YUCK or I can choose to be a person with the potential to learn and grow in a positive way from every moment in life.  I choose door number 2…that is healthy for me.  OK…on the days that I feel down and need motivation…I pray, read the Bible, talk with my hubby, or trusted friend…and then I am able to get my positive groove on for the day. 

If my attitude is not in the right place and I am not responding healthy, I would be a person unable to help people…I would not be a good choice to come see for a healthy lifestyle.  I mean really…would you want to entrust your health to a person that was unhealthy in any sense of the word…sadly, many people walk around emotionally unhealthy without anyone knowing.  That is the kicker…boy am I jumping around…but that is me with writing…I put down my feelings…the Real Darla Deal. Getting back to why this is important…it is my attitude about life and how I respond to it that lifts me up, that motivates me, that keeps me moving in a positive direction, that helps me be the BEST me every day with my nutrition and my fitness.  I choose NOT to give up in despair but to persevere through life.  Life will bring challenges…I have faced many and I will continue to do so…but how I choose to respond will be the key to my healthy self.  I am just like you with the struggles of life, injuries, finances, economy, illness, family crisis…and every other life bump that comes along….but what has always remained important is how I respond. I can tell you this…it may be hard to get my backside on my ARC trainer on a down day, but after I get going…it does become easier…and then a whole different attitude kicks in and I start using this time to think through things, and before I know it, 45 minutes are done, several calories burned, my clothes are soaked…and I feel pretty darn accomplished…now this is Fabulous Response to Life’s Circumstances…Right On Darla! 

What I am really trying to bring home here is that life is about balance and health includes the emotional as well as the physical…and when one is out of sync…the machine will not work properly…I hope that makes sense.  I Blog to you on a down day and YES…I started my morning with an early cup of coffee and my Bible reading outside and enjoying my cat nibbling my toes…after 20 minutes of quiet time taking in this moment…I felt energized, fresh and better equipped to start my day…and YES….I rode my ARC trainer for 45 minutes…is everything perfect…NO…never will be…but I will tell you this…Life is Good. Stay Healthy!

Motivation of the Day: Life is 10% What Happens to You and 90% How You Respond To It

Me
My Work out of the Day:
ARC trainer 45 minutes ~ Strength Level 3/Intervals

My Nutrition of the Day:
Fabulous Cup of Verona Coffee
1-Pre-workout shake
2-Post-workout shake
3-Egg Whites on Sprouted Bread, 1 peach
4-3 slices Peppered Turkey Breast & ¼ cup raw walnuts/cranberries/sunflower seeds
5-Spinach Salad topped with Grilled Chicken Breast, EV Olive Oil & Balsamic
6-Protein Pudding
Meal 5











IF YOU ENJOYED MY BLOG, LIKE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT, AND IF INSPIRED…OFFER ME A PROTEIN SHAKE!

Stay Healthy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment