My Banana Oat Protein Pancakes for Breakfast!!!!!

YOU CAN MAKE THIS!!!


Good Morning Readers!

This morning I am sharing my breakfast with you. I am on a mission to show that eating healthy is easy and fun.....so get in that kitchen and let's go...

Have ready your griddle, spray with PAM, heat on low, otherwise your pancakes will cook too fast on the outside and be gooey on the inside, and a bowl. Nothing fancy....my tools here are a bowl and a fork for mixing.




You will need:

1 ripe banana

1 egg white

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats

1 scoop whey vanilla protein

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tblsp flax meal

1/2 tblsp wheat germ

Vanilla soy milk (yes you can use n/f milk instead)



In your bowl, smash ripe banana with your fork until it stirs well and juices release, add your egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir again. Put the oats in your blender and grind until flour consistency and add to the wet ingredients in the bowl, add your vanilla protein powder, your flax meal and wheat germ, stir. The mix will be thick at this point. Add just enough soy milk to make the mixture pourable (careful not to make runny), so add a bit, stir and check. I like my mixture a bit "thick pourable". Pour 2 equal amounts of batter onto your prepared griddle, cook on one side a few minutes, (check for color by gently lifting an edge), if to your liking, flip over and cook the rest of the way. This recipe makes two large pancakes. I eat one and save one for the next morning so I do not have to cook. Really, this only takes about 10 minutes to throw together....you will be done before your tea or coffee is done brewing. Also, a time saver since you have an extra that you can have tomorrow, or for a snack later.


Let me know what you think....


Stay Healthy!!!!

Darla:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment