New Christmas Healthy Pancake

Hi Readers!!!!

This morning I was playing around in the kitchen trying to make my fav protein oat pancakes and realized.....no eggs...yikes. I spyed a carton of light egg nog that I enjoyed the other evening while decorating my tree, and said what the heck....well...the egg nog substitute worked like a charm and the pancakes were fluffy, and tasted wonderful. The fun part about eating healthy is just that....eating....THE GOOD STUFF....and this is now my top holiday Good Stuff Pancake....

Holiday Healthy Egg Nog Pancakes

Makes 2 very large pancakes (2 servings)

1 cup rolled oats blended to flour consistency
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (usually 25g per scoop)
1 tblsp wheat germ
1 tblsp flax meal
2 tsps baking powder
Light egg nog (enough to make pouring consistency)

pour mixture onto prepared griddle and let cook until bubbles form. Turn over and cook through. Should be fluffy...do not overcook them or they may be dry.

I enjoy mine with honey, but also fav toppings are fat free sugar free maple syrup, and fruit only apple butter.

I eat one and save one for the next morning or another snack meal.

So...in this beautiful holiday cake consists complex carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and healthy fats all to fuel a fabulous body.....

Happy Holidays

Stay Healthy
Darla:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment